Twisted Weekend 2: Co-ed Slaughter

Posted: October 26, 1999 by fivalscornshank in (1999) Twisted Weekend 2: Co-ed Slaughter

TW2 PosterScreams, scares and laughs fill the small screen as the creators of Who Is Joe Viscous? tear the flesh off the structure of the slasher film by producing a masterpiece of the macabre.

The art world has always contained a wealth of disturbed characters. Keeping this in mind, filmmakers David C. King and Brett Circe combine all the horror cliche’s you know and love with the idea that all artists are just a little bit CRAZY.

Six college co-eds get together for some booze, drugs and hopefully lots of casual sex. Just another weekend in the Summer – or so they thought. Someone, cold, calculating and out of control, is killing people in the small Florida town of Sarasota. Someone with a backpack full of art supplies and the twisted desire to use them for murder. Summer Wind apartments is about to have a few more vacancies.

With it’s controversial portrait of an artist gone mad, stunning use of lush Florida locations and an amazing array of death scenes, Twisted Weekend II: Co-ed Slaughter uses “state-of-the-art” special effects, a “chart-topping” soundtrack and “intense” performances to take the viewer on a rollercoaster ride straight to hell!

See the film that did it first!

The Facts
Starring: Deanna Smarko
Brett Circe
Dave King
Jim Grove
Jason Brunt
Runtime: 32 Minutes
Comments
  1. Melanie Schiro says:

Heelarious! 2 bloody stumps up!

2. Debbie Waite says:

Great flick! Brett makes a great villian. Love the different camera and lighting techniques. Favorite part: the sock. Second favorite part: the “sword” fight. Question: Aren’t you worried you’ll get sued over copyright issues?

3. Peg at Bravo says:

“Police suspect foul play” that’s so funny! I really enjoyed it and I’m going to keep my copy so I can say I knew you guys back when.

4. redc says:

Widely regarded among industry insiders to be the finest example of meta-indie horror cinema ever to slash across the small screen, Twisted Weekend II marks the devastating directorial debut of Dave King, whom I happened to run into last night at Club Cherry in Los Angeles. Here is what Dave had to say about the crushing success of his first film: “When we finished it the other day I knew that we had made probably the fourth best movie of all time, so that felt nice. And as far as dealing with all of this ‘sudden success,’ it doesn’t really seem like such a big deal, you know? I mean, I’ve been hanging out with underground drag superstars like Jackie D. for years now, so when I take meetings with bigtime moviestars I’m really not so intimidated by them. Hey, could you get me another Surfer on Acid?” But I never made it back to Dave King’s roped-off table. On my way to the bar I ran into a pretty girl wearing a Twisted Weekend II T-shirt, and minutes later we were gone.

5. Michael Parks says:

A sardonic delight…a tasty appitizer for things to come…two “conchs” up

6. Jim McCracken says:

Definitely a MUST SEE! Too much talent for one cast to posses and the realism really grabbed me. I actually felt like I was there, experiencing the whole tragedy.

7. Sean Brennan says:

Love the props Brett throwing the deadly CD’s, Scott getting killed in the pool with tubes of acrylic paint and Web as the news cast guy- what more can you ask for?? The boops & blunders at the end bring it all together. That sure was a lot of blood coming out of Dave’s mouth. Overall- 8.5 out of 10 Great work!!!

8. D-Day #14 says:

Movie of The Year!!! I was treated to an in-house showing of Twisted Weekend 2 at the Circe Cinema Complex where (by the way) they serve an incredible Stoli Vanil White Russian! What can I say? This is a true Oscar contender! Where else can you see Jim dancing and sweating like a pig in one scene and Brett taking a .12 gauge to the face in the next! Take the kids, they’ll love it!

9. terry greenwood says:

this was an awesome romp in pure cheese fun. better than going to the dentist and a lot less painful. fun! fun! fun!

10. Dave's Cousin says:

movie rocked very good movie… I loved how the talented actress was able to scream while her mouth was still closed. Very good score David.

11. dave's cousin's friend. says:

i thoughorly enjoyed the movie. it was a great combonation of comedy and horror, from a begining film student’s prospective. i’m taking a copy into my telecomm class, so we can analyze and enjoy your film. P.S. i loved the many underwear and jock strap. P.S.S. Dave is hot!!

12. Scott Wertime says:

I Laughed ‘Till I Bled! How is it possible for so much vision, so much raw talent, so much… carnage… to come together in a single movie? This is truly a movie to behead… er, behold. And the tounge-wagging scream of Ms. Fickes will surely go down as one of the greatest performances in horror movie history. My only concern will be the sudden rise in copy-cat killings once this picture becomes mainstream! Rating: Four mangled corpses!

13. Kristin Schneider (a.k.a Sac. Nas"T") says:

80’s Flashback The movie opens up and wham you’re thrown back to the 80’s. Visions of Duran-Duran, Thompson Twins and Depeche Mode came floatin by…Dave what’s up w/ the hair (dude-like oh my God, totally), great bangs! Nice legs I might add! Creeper…great buns:-)Go whiteboy go, shake your money maker. “I Don’t get it”, Andrew replies. All in all the movie was a great spin off of Evil Dead, but after a few glasses of David’s famous beezkneez it was one hellraiser of a show. But instead of pins slashing through someones skull, it was paint tubes. Where’s the nudity, I wanted to see some flesh, what’s up with that? Can’t wait to be part of the review for the sequel. At the end of it all Andrew says out loud, “Oh, it’s all making sense to me now”.

14. Lisa (Superfudge/Dribble) Janssen says:

Superburb acting, I felt like I was actually in the move (or in hell…whichever.) The Bee’s Knees helped to cool off the heat a bit. The choreography was amazing (I didn’t know Creeper was “a dancer”, “what classes have you had?”) The shower scene was so sexy, but what about full frontal nudity!!! I have never seen a shower scene done with a man before…hmmmmmmm. Dave…where did you get that wig? And the cat. Excellent use of props. Three thumbs up! *SF

15. Lacy Maxwell says:

I was blown away!! I never knew how good a horror flick could really be! Freddy has nothing on you guys. And Creeper, I knew you could dance, but DAMN! you are good! Great acting. I of course, love any movie with a kitty star, so this movie automatically earned my amazing approval. Dave, great scaredy cat scene, when I saw the look on your face, I nearly peed my pants! :)WOW!!! I cannot wait for the next one. WHEN, WHEN, WHEN?!?!?

16. Linda Schwartz says:

INTENSE!!! Action packed!!!!!

17. Jeremy Schwartz says:

WOW! It has the horror and character development of Steven King!

18. Ignacio Hernandez says:

An unbelievable suspense thriller with a FANTASTIC script. Never has such intricate writing blessed the production of a true American-made Horror film. Choreography was UNBELIEVABLE!!! The dancing drunk scene was right up there with “the flying feather” in Forrest Gump. Such soulful movement can only come from the heart. This movie is not for the timid and showcases this with ULTRA-REALISTIC special effects. With filming and camera work which would leave Ridley Scott perplexed – the movie was just as visualy entertaining as it was truly horrifying. The musical score was intelligent, but sometimes made no sense whatsoever; it is this exact philosophy which makes the film a true classic!

19. Roger Sakolove says:

The timing of Hitchcock. The storytelling ability of Steven King. The tongue-in-cheek (and knife-in-back) humor of Carpenter. These guys gave a feel for the genre. And they’ve left me screaming for more.

20. Andrew T. Norton says:

NOW I get it. Way before it’s time….and I’m not talking about standing over the bowl and only sending a few drops. This film danced around the conventions we all see from time to time while adding it’s own sense of what those conventions really mean. Creepers dancing….”He’s a maniac, maniac” I wondered if Chris Farley hadn’t seen Twisted Weekend II before shooting Tommy Boy. We’ll never know. And very Hitchcock-esque was Mr. King’s subtle appearances in his own directorial effort, kudos. David King makes it all his own though when you realize he hasn’t dressed up to play his part seeming almost to have no lines and “blend” with the atmosphere of the movie. Instead of making a disguise for himself so he can be in the movie, he is now in disguise in real-life as a ripped, iPod-listening, large truck driving master of his world and art….truly a different image than conveyed in this film. I’ve taken my time in reviewing this film and at first I felt like a flake but the feeling I now have is that I’ve just finished an excellent meal and I am not too full nor am I desiring more. I get it. I GET it. Truly gourmet filmmaking when the “meal” can take you this far. Big ups to DK and the crew, cast, and others.

21. Kris Gilmore says:

Sex, Sex, Sex This movie is quite a scare a minute thriller, but the sexual undertones through out have been greatly ignored! From the seemingly banal poolside conversation about birthcontrol to the sweaty dance scene, the film was full of sexual tension. Although all the scenes left my heart racing, the shower scenes left me wet! P.S. Next time we hope to see more co-eds without bras. P.S.S Dave is hot!!

22. Anonymous says:

My 2 bits TWII is more proof the 80’s ROCKED. That is all.

23. Ed says:

Awesome Twisted Weekend II is one of the greatest indie horror flicks ever. If it was made by a big studio with much publicity, TWII would be considered a landmark horror film for the ages. Movies like this are what Hollywood should put money into, not stupid re-makes of bad movies (i.e. Rollerball). It is an entertaining thrill ride that keeps you watching and wanting more. At the beginning of the film you are flung back into the 80’s. It is so realistic and well done that you get the impression that the director loved the 80’s (maybe their favorite decade ever). The performances of the cast are dynamic and very entertaining. I could just watch this movie over and over, it is that good. I just can’t wait to see what these twisted minds can come up with next. P.S. Gozar kicked some serious ass.

24. Juan Tumani says:

Horror is good. Your horror style very good. I order from old man on main land. I laugh during movie but vary scared. Good job. I want next one too!

25. Clifton Tipon says:

Mayhem!

Anyone who has ever attempted to create a short, let alone a horror film, must be congratulated.

The film doesn’t pretend to be high-end; rather, it pokes fun with its inspired scenes of whice some you can easily recognize.

The shower scene is, shall I say, shocking.

26. Adrienne Thompson says:

David Charles King is the next Orson Welles! I’m just sayin’!

27. kristin schneider says:

DAVID KING…your freinds from Affy have been looking for ya.

28. Dalene says:

I read this article fully concerning the comparison of newest and preceding technologies,
    it’s remarkable article.

29. Hello I am so delighted I found your blog page, I really found you by error,
    while I was searching on Bing for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to
    say thanks for a marvelous post and a all round thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to look over it all at the minute
    but I have saved it and also included your RSS
    feeds, so when I have time I will be back
    to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

30. The web has truly changed the way we communicate and made it far easier to stay informed
    about the lives of our loved ones. As the culture of internet slang grew, it took on new origins from pop
    culture or video games and television. To report stolen email addresses
    at Yahoo, click Yahoo.

31. This will get you traffic to your site and make money.
    Today, lots of websites and blogs bring in unheard of income for their owners merely by promoting another’s company on their web pages.
    For more information visit: security gives you the protection from all kinds of
    worms, viruses and other problems.

32. The web has truly changed the way we communicate and made it far easier to stay informed about the lives of our
    loved ones. As the culture of internet slang grew, it
    took on new origins from pop culture or video games and television. You can download Avast Free Antivirus
    for free from the Avast website.

33. Understanding both advantages and disadvantages are important in order
    to choose the best internet marketing strategy.
    The says of free proxies and tunnelling services are over,
    and as the Chinese government begins to tighten its grip on what comes in and out of the country informationally speaking, the need for a vpn to bypass internet censorship in China grows every day.

You can download Avast Free Antivirus for free
    from the Avast website.

34. The backend part of your company supports these profit centers.
    Then consider yourself one of the few, true internet marketers.
    Efficiency: Many carriers provide multiple receive emails, so your fax messages are automatically delivered to whomever you intend.